Come to the edge.
‘We can’t. We are afraid.’
Come to the edge.
‘We can’t. We will fall!’
Come to the edge.
And they came. And he pushed them.
And they flew.
~ Guillaume Apollinaire
What is your growing edge right now – the way you need to challenge yourself to live bigger and better?
Come to the edge with me and find out through Hiking Adventure Coaching.
Let the blessings of this beautiful island’s ‘mana’ help you fly!
Over the past two years I have taken over 70 hikes here on the exquisite island of O’ahu. In sharing my adventures, I am amazed how many people (even ones who have lived here most of their lives) have never been to some of these places. There is so much sacredness in this land (aina) and by physically engaging with it from different vantage points, we receive inspiration and the ability to see our lives from a new perspective. Explore yourself and nature at the same time - climb to new heights, reflect, invigorate, play, embrace new adventure and get inspired!
- Do you need to blow off steam, vent, or scream out a new intention?
- Ready to kick start your fitness routine for the new year?
- Want someone to just listen compassionately?
- Need to brainstorm a career change?
- Ready to deepen a relationship or step into a new one?
- Maybe you want to take your business to a new level?
- Is this the year to finally lose that extra weight for good?
- Need to clear your mind and pull focus on a difficult decision or situation?
- Are you ready to uncover your true goals and dreams?
- Would you like someone to hold you accountable?
- Ready to release things that don’t contribute to your ‘big picture’ goals?
- Is it time to put your life in balance?
- Would you like to know what it feels like to live in harmonious flow?
Fully alive – right now – engaged with what you are doing, feeling an energized focus, totally involved in the creation of your life. This is harmonious flow.
According to psychologist, Mihály Csíkszentmihályi, flow is completely focused motivation. It is a single-minded immersion and represents the ultimate experience in harnessing the emotions in the service of performing and learning. The hallmark of flow is a feeling of spontaneous joy.
Hiking Adventure Coaching promotes Harmonious Flow!
When you’re in a flow state:
▪ an hour can pass in the blink of an eye
▪ you’re not self-conscious
▪ action and awareness merges
▪ you feel in full control
▪ the experience is intrinsically rewarding
▪ the activity stretches your skills almost to the limits, but not so much that it makes you too anxious
▪ there are clear short-term goals for what you are trying to achieve
▪ you get immediate feedback on how you are doing
▪ you are in easeful relationship with yourself, others, and with life itself
How Hiking Adventure Coaching Works
Call for a complimentary coaching consultation to determine if this is a fit for you and your appropriate level of challenge.
On the day of our hike, we meet at the chosen trailhead with a specific goal in mind. Together we hike, talk about the goal, create an overall plan and action steps for the next week. Break for an optional diversion such as meditation, visualization, journaling, yoga or just a healthy snack and enjoy the exquisite beauty around us.
By the end of the hike you will have accomplished a physical goal, feel genuinely refreshed and invigorated, and go home with at least three next steps to put into action.
Depending on your abilities and desires, we choose a 1 to 3 hour hike with varying levels of difficulty. We generally use less-traveled trails for privacy and peace. When we stop for a break/diversion, we do so in a quiet area off the trail. One of the many benefits of Hiking Adventure Coaching is it’s flexibility to accommodate your needs.
Fees and Packages
- Individual coaching hikes are $85/ first hour, $50 for each additional hour
- Two or more hikers start at $50/per person/hour. Discounts groups over 4.
- Month Long Hiking Adventure Coaching Package varies based on length of hikes chosen and includes:
Weekly hike and coaching session. (Each week progresses in level of challenge.)
Weekly follow up phone consultation/evaluation of progress and integration of goals.
All hikes are weather permitting.