Simple Meditation Tips
By Jennie Lee
Even 5 minutes makes a difference and can change your life today!
- Find a comfortable cushion or chair and read these instructions.
- Turn off the phone and set a timer for 5 minutes.
- While standing, inhale and tense your whole body. Then exhale, release and relax. Repeat 5 times.
- Close your eyes and gently turn them upward internally.
- Take ten slow deep breaths.
- Take ten more slow breaths in this way: Inhale for count of 10, hold for count of 10, exhale for count of 10.
- Let your breath return to normal.
- Silently in your mind with each inhale repeat the syllable AUM.
- Silently in your mind with each exhale repeat the syllable AUM.
- If the mind drifts to other thoughts gently bring it back t the breath and the AUM.
- When the timer sounds, take another moment to set an intention for a peaceful day.
- Congratulate yourself on doing something wonderful for yourself and the world.
Be patient and know this is a process and all the effort is progress! Even 5 minutes a day will make a BIG difference over time. Pretty soon you will look forward to meditation and want to do it even more. Namaste.