About Breathing Love
Offering hope to a world in turmoil, Breathing Love is a spiritual guide to living love as an embodied meditation practice. Uniting us in a universally understandable goal, Jennie Lee builds immediate bridges of peace by changing how we look at love; from something to be acquired and preserved, to something to be realized and breathed.
Active conscious loving is the basis of the meditation practices offered in Breathing Love, providing you with inner solace and a deep sense of purpose. Whether in a relationship or not, in the prime of life or nearing death, you’ll be encouraged to move beyond the pain, pride, and fear that keep you from love.
Part One offers compassionate wisdom for expanding the experience of love within yourself and asks you to contemplate what might be keeping you from full capacity loving. It also explores the difference between your usual yet limited sense of self, and your unified greater Self, experienced through compassionate action and divine kindness.
Part Two asks you to consider that your truest life purpose lies in offering a more expansive, less personal love into every relationship and circumstance of daily life. It also addresses periods of self-evaluation, such as during major life transitions and near the end of life, and how you can embrace these with peaceful resolve, and leave a legacy of pure love behind.
Through intimate personal stories from Jennie’s own life, you’ll feel deeply assured that this call to love in action is possible no matter what life presents. Using the meditative practices given in each chapter is easy, whether you’re a seasoned practitioner or new to meditation. Each of these creates greater spiritual intimacy within yourself and more authentic connection with others. By making life a meditation of breathing love, not only will you find yourself, but you will find all the love you ever desired.
Key Themes include:
- How to live fearlessly in the consciousness of love
- How to develop receptivity to divine love through meditation
- How to know and live from one’s most loving self
- How to practice love in daily life
- How to integrate spirituality and physical life through conscious loving
- How to overcome the ego and access the soul for greater peace
- How to love beyond one’s current limitations
- How to have a deeper relationship with the Source of all love
- How to spiritualize relationships through more unconditioned love
- How to experience non-personal love for all beings
- How to find ultimate purpose in living a love directed life
About True Yoga
2016 USA Best Book Awards Finalist – Spirituality/ Inspirational Category
Lasting happiness. Freedom from suffering. We all want these. TRUE YOGA: Practicing with the Yoga Sutras for Happiness & Spiritual Fulfillment is an inspirational guide through the Yoga Sutras outlining ways to overcome difficulties and create enduring happiness. Whether challenged by work, health, relationships, or parenting, readers of all ages and walks of life will find tangible practices to illuminate their material and spiritual lives.
Yoga Therapist Jennie Lee expands beyond the obvious benefits of physical yoga, using daily techniques, self-inquiry questions, and inspiring affirmations, to present a system that opens the path to fulfillment and helps you connect with your own Divinity. Discover effective methods for maintaining positive thoughts, managing stress, improving communication, and building new habits for success. By integrating the ancient wisdom of the Yoga Sutras into an accessible format, Lee puts the formula for enduring happiness within your reach.
Unlike other complex and esoteric translations of the Yoga Sutras, TRUE YOGA makes the classical teachings tangible for all ages and skill levels. It is perfect for newcomers to yoga, teachers in training, and long time practitioners who want to be spiritually focused while still grounded in modern life.
Key Themes include:
- Defines what yoga is beyond the popular exercise and how it can make one happier
- Gives practices to manage everyday stress and attain peace and balance
- Demystifies yoga philosophy and makes it relevant to life right now
- Offers a clear application of the Eight Limbs of Yoga and the Yoga Sutras
- Describes the power of simple meditation
- Offers ways to integrate one’s spiritual and material lives
- Explains how challenge can be used to strengthen and enhance life
- Instructs how increase focus, intuition and mental clarity
- Shows the way out of suffering into meaning and purpose in life
Press & Reviews for True Yoga
Email: sales@Llewellyn.com Phone: 800-843-6666
Trade Paperback: Body, Mind, Spirit / Meditation
US Price: $16.99
CAN Price: $21.95
Trade Paperback: Body, Mind, Spirit / Yoga
US Price: $16.99
CAN Price: $19.50
Jennie Lee (Hawaii) is a certified yoga therapist who has spent two decades coaching people in the healing tradition of classical yoga meditation. Using the practices she writes about in Breathing Love & her debut, award winning book True Yoga, Jennie helps people overcome grief, depression, anxiety, and stress as well as create lives filled with greater joy. Jennie’s writing has also been featured on dozens of wellness blogs and in magazines including the Huffington Post, Mind Body Green, Yoga Digest, and Yogi Times. She counsels via phone or Skype internationally and from her home studio on the island of O’ahu.
Key Points about Jennie Lee
- 20 years practicing and teaching Yoga
- Coaches a wide demographic of clients, ages 6–94, including Celebrities, CEOs, Doctors, Writers, Psychologists, Lawyers, Financial Analysts, Educators, Actors, Military Officers & Veterans and more
- Specializes in counseling for anxiety, depression, grief, stress and relationship issues
- Therapy model is a combination of: Classical Yoga philosophy and practice, Somatic and Process Therapy, Spiritual Psychology, Traditional Psychology, and Core Energetics
- Leads workshops, educational lectures, corporate presentations, and retreats worldwide
- Certified Yoga Therapist – C-IAYT International Association of Yoga Therapists
- Registered Yoga Teacher – RYT 500 Yoga Alliance (Note: The yoga therapy components of my teaching are based on my C-IAYT credential not derived from my status as an RYT with Yoga Alliance Registry.)
- 20 years as a professional film, television and stage actor & member of Screen Actor’s Guild
“Jennie has been a remarkable source of inspiration and strength to me.” ~Jeff W., Surgeon
“I have worked very closely with Jennie Lee for over ten years. Jennie’s patience, encouragement and ability to demonstrate the practical application of Yoga Sutras and principles have helped me to deepen my practice to reach levels of understanding I’d not be capable or ready to reach on my own. She is truly a gifted teacher – a gem!” ~ Nancy J., Human Resources Director
“Jennie is an amazing teacher and gifted soul. She is patient and kind, intuitive and helped me identify areas of my life where I was holding myself back. I highly recommend Jennie to anyone who wants to utilize yoga in your own personal growth and expansion & make life changing results in a positive direction!” ~ Jenny Kerr, Financial Coach
“Jennie possesses an unusually acute insight and the empathy to instruct clients in the Yoga Sutras in a way that resonates with each individual client. Flexible, spontaneous, creative and kind, Jennie brings a mix of delight in movement, reverence for the natural world and deep knowledge of yoga philosophy to her practice and her teaching.” ~Julia Purinton, Artist
“Jennie’s depth of experience, knowledge, wisdom and compassion create a sacred space where you can truly transform your life.” ~ Kathleen Batcheller, Marketing Director
“Jennie is an amazing teacher in every respect.” ~ Sue Given, Homemaker
“With Jennie, I have learned so many things that are uplifting and spiritual.” ~ Paulette Theriault, Professional Pianist
“Jennie is very candid. She does not pretend that yoga, or anything for that matter, is easy. She admits that things are rough sometimes and that yoga is a way to work with that rough stuff.” ~Katie Bouton, President Koya Consulting
“Jennie has been an incredible support and teacher for me. I am so grateful to have met her and had the opportunity to work with her.” ~Frances McLaughlin, Nonprofit President
“Jennie is a fabulous teacher and facilitator!” M. Sheehan, Financial Adviser
Suggested Interview Questions
- Can anyone meditate? What are the benefits of meditating?
- Does meditation help with anxiety or depression
- What does meditation have to do with love?
- Why do you call love “the most universal spiritual practice?”
- How can meditation/yoga improve someone’s relationship to himself and others?
- What is your advice to someone new who wants to begin a yoga or meditation practice?
- In True Yoga, you write about “lasting happiness.” How do you define the difference between short-term and long-lasting happiness?
- There are ten lifestyle practices that you describe as the way to develop a harmonious, balanced life. Can you describe these briefly?
- What inspired you to write Breathing Love (or True Yoga)?
- What are some common misconceptions about meditation/yoga?
- How are yoga and meditation related?
- What is Yoga Therapy and how does it differ from a yoga class?
- What is your advice to someone new who wants to begin a yoga practice?
- What do you hope people take away from Breathing Love (or True Yoga)?