Who Writes a Book on Love?!?
As an author, I am often asked, why did I write my book, or what I hope readers will take away. On reflecting on this question, I realized that writing Breathing Love has been an effort in synthesizing and sharing the best of the past 30 years of my life, my studies, and self-reflection. Through it, I also clarified my strongest determination for the rest of my life – to love completely and with no limits.
It has been an exercise in self-discipline, introspection, gratitude, laughter, compassion and appreciation in the following ways:
- Self-discipline in plowing through when I wanted to quit – oh so many times!
- Introspection on experiences I thought were long behind me
- Gratitude for the blocks to love that it cleared from my heart
- Humor for the times I fail at the things I try hard to teach
- Compassion for myself, and everyone else who is trying to keep their heart open in this crazy world
- Appreciation for the support I received from family, friends, God and unseen angels
I hope that reading Breathing Love will bring you what writing it brought me. Things like:
- Greater patience, gentleness and compassion for yourself and everyone around you
- A deeper understanding that when people act badly, they are suffering, and our anger response will not help or change them, only a loving one will
- A willingness to own our pettiness and ego, things we need to clarify and let go
- A release of old anger and sadness that we may not even know we are holding
- The revelation of buried feelings that need more love and acceptance
- A lighter heart and more joy
- Strength to never give up, no matter what the world offers back
Writing this book has been a total energy spend, like vigorous exercise, which has helped me build a new level of endurance and also enabled me to finally rest. It has challenged me to see God in every face and place. And it has expressed the deepest cry of my soul, one that has been there since childhood that screams, “Please people, just love each other!”
As a writer and a mother, having given birth to creations of the heart and physical children, I am well aware that although both are filled with intense personal love and investment, all are destined to enter the world on their own terms and touch others as they may. Lessons of non-attachment come with both, given that we cannot control the final success or failure of our creations, whether human or literary. And the same is true about love. All we can do is be fully present with each breath of life, give our best and highest love, and then trust in whatever follows.
I offer Breathing Love to you as inspiration and trust that it will touch those it is meant to. I release you my love. You are not mine, and never have been. You are God’s. God’s love for all. God’s love in all. We are all love.
Stretching Their Skills — Ultimate Guide to Yoga for Kids
A really nice resource for parents who want to share yoga with their kids, from Mom Loves Best. Get all the info here
To accomplish anything we want in life, we need focus, willpower, and self-control to stick with our intention. The Yoga Sutras tell us that by being ‘dedicated to self-control, great energy is gained.’ (Sutra ii.38) Let’s look a little deeper at how we can develop this essential life skill. Read full post here.
In this world of chaos, people often try to find peace. They have their own ways and secrets to reach to harmony. But one common and a very popular source is Yoga.
Yoga is known all around the world for its amazing results, and most of all, for the relaxation that it makes us feel. ‘Top Yoga Blogs‘ will help you understand what yoga actually is, and to give you a step-by-step guide on how to perform it.
The Web is full of information about yoga and wellness; however, it can be challenging to find the real jewels that provide abundance of relevant and useful information on the topic. To help yoga lovers to separate the wheat from the chaff BookYogaRetreats.com has handpicked Top 50 Best Yoga and Wellness Blogs to Follow in 2017. The blogs that we selected enjoy not only broad readership but also engagement of the audience and collaborators. Their frequently updated and well-written content provides a great value to the yoga and wellness community. BookYogaRetreats.com certifies that Jennie Lee Yoga Therapy blog is a high quality source of yoga and wellness information to keep on following in 2017!
Are you your own harshest critic? Are you robbing yourself of your innate joy for the sake of your self-image? This is no way to live your life.
The holidays always seem to be filled to capacity and it is easy to get overwhelmed. Follow these 5 tips for stress free holidays.
“May you find again within yourself the deep life giving silence which is genuine truth and the source of truth.” ~ Thomas Merton
What should I expect from meditation?
Where does fulfillment come from?
Where can I meditate?
How often should I meditate?
How do I prepare for being in silence?